nVent Nuheat Membrane - Sheets - 10.6 sq. ft. x 25 sheets - NUMEM250
Description***Traditional hardwood is typically not recommended to be installed over an electric floor heating system because the repeated heating and cooling cycles may damage the wood.
nVent NUHEAT Membrane is a tile underlayment that can be installed over the entire subfloor for uncoupling, crack isolation and waterproofing purposes and can eliminate the need for a second layer of plywood or concrete backer board in most tile installations.
- Reduces the risk of tile cracks due to subfloor movement
- Acts as tile underlayment
- Compatible with nVent cable floor heating system
- Flexible wire spacing and heat output
- Nuheat is approved for installation under tile, stone, marble, laminate, engineered wood, and luxury vinyl flooring
- Even floor heat distribution
- No need for a second layer of plywood or concrete backer boards
- Saves installation time and material costs
- List of material needed to install
25 Sheets per Box | Sheet size: 39'' x 39''
Thickness: 0.22 inches
Width: 39 inches
Operating Voltage: 120 V, 208 V, and 240 V
Power Output: 10-15 watts per square foot depending on wire spacing
Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature: 194°F (90°C)
Heating Cable: 2-wire, grounded, twisted air with PVC outer jacket
Cold Lead: 2-wire, 16-18 AWG plus ground braid layer; 10 ft (3m) length
Recommended Spacing: 2-3-2 pillar spacing which provides 12 watts/sqft
** If you are installing over a concrete slab and require more heat, we recommend using 2-pillar spacing which produces 15 watts/sqft