***Traditional hardwood is typically not recommended to be installed over an electric floor heating system because the repeated heating and cooling cycles may damage the wood.
nVent NUHEAT Peel & Stick Membrane (FG0801) enables the installation of uncoupling membrane onto a substrate without the use of thinset, resulting in a 40% time savings versus membranes that require thinset underneath!
NOTE: nVent NUHEAT Peel & Stick Membrane is available in 39” x 39” sheets only (25 per box) and cannot be used for waterproofing due to the mortar vents.
The installation is done in 4 easy steps.
1- Apply acrylic flooring primer to substrate
2-Press Peel & Stick membrane onto substrate
- The final permanent bond is created when thinset is applied on top of the membrane when embedding the heating cable. Thinset flows through the mortar vents in the pillars, allowing it to bond to the substrate while maintaining the air gaps required to achieve the same ‘High Performance’ rating on the ANSI A118.12 crack resistance test that the standard nVent NUHEAT Membrane achieves.
3-Route cable throughout heated area (Cable sold separately)
4-Install floor covering (Sold separately)
**Cable resistance must be tested before, during and after installation for warranty coverage
**All wiring connections should be completed by a certified electrician
- Reduces the risk of tile cracks due to subfloor movement
- Acts as tile underlayment
- Compatible with nVent cable floor heating system
- Flexible wire spacing and heat output
- Nuheat is approved for installation under tile, stone, marble, laminate, engineered wood, and luxury vinyl flooring
- Cleaner and Easier Installation
- Even floor heat distribution
- No need for a second layer of plywood or concrete backer boards
- Saves installation time and material costs
Part Number: FG0801
Catalog Number: NUMEM250PS
Materials: Vented polypropylene sheet with pressure sensitive adhesive and release liver, 0.22in. thick, 840 grams/m²
Subfloor Bond: Prep surface with acrylic flooring primer and apply membrane to subfloor; additional mechanical bond is created when thinset passes through mortar vents during floor covering installation.
Ratings: Robinson Floor Test (ASTM C627): 'Moderate' rating; ANSI A118.12 System Crack Resistance: 'High Performance' rating
Max Ambient Temp.: 194°F (90°C)
Storage Conditions: Store in a cool and dry place avoiding direct sunlight and heat source.
Product Dimensions (LxWxD): 39"x39"x0.22"
Product Weight: 1.6lb.
Standard Pack: 25 Sheets per box
Standard Pack Dimensions (LxWxH): 40"x40"x8"
Standard Pack Weight: 45lb.