The IDEAL Insulated Cable Cutter features a drop-forged, high carbon steel construction. The precision-ground, hardened cutting edges provide accurate cuts without cable distortion. This tool is designed for maximum leverage with less effort, and can cut 2/0 copper and 4/0 aluminum cables. It meets ASTM F1505-01, IEC 60 900 standards and OSHA requirements for insulated tools (29 CFR 1910). Cutter is UL listed and 1000 Volt certified (1000V AC, 1500V DC).
- Precision ground, by-pass cutter blades provide smooth, easy cuts up to 2/0 copper or aluminum.
- Dual-layer injection molded grips provide 1000V protection from electrical shock
- UL logo on every plier validates each tool is individually hot tested and approved prior to shipping
- Meets or exceeds ASTM standards
- Leopard-spot pattern, molded into the textured grip for improved control
- Grips are impervious to gas, oil, and hydraulic fluid