2-in-1 Talking Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Front Load AA Battery Backup
Kidde Smoke & Carbon Monoxide alarm works on the intelligent sensor technology that combines the offers protection from two deadly threats in one. These combination devices use breakthrough technology to offer a fast response to real fires, including smoldering and fast-flaming, as well as protect you from carbon monoxide and dramatically reduce the chance of nuisance alarms.
The Intelligent sensor technology combines the detection capabilities of an ionization smoke sensor – which is more likely to detect smaller, less visible fire particles, like those produced by flaming fires – with that of an electrochemical sensor, which is used to detect CO.
- Combined Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm – This 2-in-1 alarm reduces installation time and protects against both fire and carbon monoxide dangers.
- Intelligent Sensor Technology – Combination of an ionization smoke sensor with an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor. Depending on what is detected, the alarm will adjust its smoke sensitivity in order to better discriminate between a real hazard and a false one.
- Voice Warning – Announces the hazard type detected (in English and French). Alarm announces “FIRE!” when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!” when a CO hazard is detected. It also announces “LOW BATTERY” when it is time to replace the batteries.
- 120 V Interconnectable – Will interconnect with up to 24 other devices (18 of which can be initiating), including smoke alarms (limit of 12), CO and heat alarms
- AA Front-Loading Battery Backup – Change batteries without the need to remove the unit from the ceiling, providing continuous protection in the case of a power outage.
- Multi-function One Button Design includes: Hush Feature, Test Feature and Reset Feature
- End of Life Notification – Ten (10) years after unit is first powered, this alarm will beep two times every 30 seconds to indicate it is time to replace the alarm.
Brochure User's Manual Installation: Locations to Avoid
Power Source: 120 V AC, 60 Hz 45 mA max per alarm, 2 AA battery backup
Smoke Sensor: Ionization
C/O Sensor: Electrochemical
Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10ft
Temperature Range: 4.4˚C (40˚F) to 37.8˚C (100˚F)
Humidity Range: 10%-95% relative humidity, non-condensing
Size: 12.3 cm in diameter x 3.2 cm depth
Weight: 200 grams
Wiring: Quick connect plug with 15.2 cm (6”) pigtails
Interconnects: Up to 24 Kidde devices (of which 18 can be initiating)